- Mustard not only stimulates the appetite by increasing salivation by up to eight times, it also has digestive, laxative, antiseptic, and circulative stimulant properties.
- As a digestive aid in moderation, mustard neutralizes toxins and helps ward off an upset stomach.
- Mustard also contains sulphur, which has been used as a treatment for skin diseases.
- Mustard plasters or poultices have been applied to the chest to aid in clearing the sinuses and decongest the lungs.
- Mustard greens are not recommended for those with thyroid problems as they can cause the thyroid to increase in size.